Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

18 Feb 2006





















Hola amigos. A few more pics.....the problem is that when all of us gringos dump out of class and swarm the internet cafe, the connnections get REALLY slow so I decided to try and make the photos smaller this time to see if they uplead faster. Didn't seem to work. Dont forget that you can click the pics to see them bigger on your fancy schmancy newfangled high speed connections! Oh and while I´m thinking of it, on the right where it has the mailing address for me while in training, PCT just means Peace Corps Trainee. It doesn´t mean to put that INSTEAD of my name, it means put that before my name. Anyways I want to post more pics so I´ll type fast if I can. THESE PICS ARE OF: -My little brother Juan David and the little puppy named Viva ("Live" as in the verb). She likes to bite and chew on everything and bark until midnight (we go to bed around 8:30 or so) Also she likes to hide under my bed when I open the door to pee late at night. Sometimes if its dark and she thinks she can get away with it she hops into bed to try and warm up under my sleeping bag before I come back inside. I´ve learned to close the door all the way when I go to pee.

-Simple pic of my house at dusk.

-The Cayambe plaza with a stormcloud on the way. Just after this was taken the other two guys in my village and I made frisbee-friends with a pack of local kids. Apparently this thing is full of vendors on the weekends and an impromptu market forms. Havent been yet.

-Finally, this is the dinner table at home. The mama and papa are not usually there together as the dad is busy with meetings or work (he is the secretary for the local community). OK on to more pic uploading and waiting fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home