Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

6 Nov 2006

Newspost...

Went to a waterfall yesterday with a married couple (other volunteers from my omnibus were visiting me, they were stir crazy in their coastal site and I think were pretty impressed by what Zaruma has to offer....).  We used my grappling hook and some rope to get up some difficult areas, then hung out in our swimsuits and underwear in the sun swimming and reading and talking for hours.  On the ride back up to Zaruma we met with my counterpart and her family and so invited ourselves to their house for dinner.  We bought a whole roast chicken and potatoes and they made rice and salad and sauce and got some Coke and we all shared.  This morning I made the couple some oatmeal and banana pancakes... now I´m in a new internet cafe that opened up right around the corner from my castillo and it so far seems awesome.  Connection is good and the computers are new and clean.... I´m a fan already.
 
On my walk over here I met a guy in a pickup truck whose name is Patricio.  He owns a lot of land outside of the city and I´ve spent a night at his farmhouse and milked his cows a while back.  He wants to know when I´m going to come back and visit him and his family again.  I told him that on the 15th of this month I´m supposed to be out camping and visiting some huge prehispanic ruins out in the campo and he says oh yeah man I live right near there... so maybe I´ll spend the night with him then.  After that I go to Loja for a two day hike up in Parque Nacional Podocarpus, a hike where we go way up into the mountains to visit some lakes that are only accessible in November because the rest of the year it´s too wet.  Then after that I´m going to two other volunteers´ sites to learn how to slaughter and cook rabbits and chicken and ducks and maybe guinea pigs.  Then there´s a huuuuge feast for Thanksgiving out in the jungle, and then I might be going hiking up in the sierra again to help a beautiful lady prepare for climbing the highest mountain in the country.  So yeah, that´s what´s going on with me.  Peace out yall. Write me a comment or two, and I´ll get back to ya.  Thsi new internet place is awesome...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halloween looked fun. Love the costume. The helmet was a great touch.

8:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home