Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

4 May 2007

On my way


So, after more than a year away living the sometimes wild, sometimes crazy, always fascinating life of a Peace Corps Volunteer, I catch a flight tomorrow morning for a two week visit to the States.  At this point I'm pretty much trying to keep in line with the strategy I took when I came down to Ecuador: Go wtih as few expectations as possible...let the experience be what it is without coloring it with what I think or hope will happen...
 
Food, music, catching up with family and friends - and hiking on the Appalachian Trail for a few days - what more could a guy possibly want?  Maybe a walk along the Mandeville lakefront, checking out the sunset over Ponchartrain while the spanish moss blows in the evening breeze, just thinking about life and the past and the future all existing at once, a single instant's punchline to a joke that lasts forever.  Best wishes to all of you out there, whatever path you find yourself on these days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ross F. said...

I hope you enjoy your visit back, bro. Happy hiking!

11:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home