Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

1 Jul 2008


I am one lucky guy. Check it out, I've got millions of friends here on the trail eager to get as close to me as they can! In fact, they all try to sleep with me in my tent when I set it up too... A little quick to kiss though, I like to get to know someone more before I got there...


If I only had a fishing pole... I think next time i see this kind of opportunity I'm going to try scoping them out of the water with just my hands. If I can break an apple in half, I can scoop a fish or two hehe.


And the road goes on and on and on, down from the door where it began...
PCT purists will have missed this trail and this view and this mountain. After resupplying in Bishop and hanging out with the puzzlemaster, I took a parallel trail route to get back to the PCT. It added some miles to the trip but was well worth it for the spectacle of nearly unvisited lands and a remoteness I hadn't experienced yet out here.


On the morning of the day I hiked 29.8 miles to get back on the main trail, I greeted the sunrise with a Flying Bobcat salute. This flat topped mountain was once home to many Piute and Shoshone Native Americans and I was wondering if I'd come across any of their old campsites or relics.


I didn't find anything old, but I DID encounter these bizarre metal pole sculptures way at the top of the mountain a bit of trail. When I descended I asked a number of locals if they could identify the patterns but no one could. If I had to guess, I think they might represent lightning. I took the opportunity to shed some negative Coyote-spirit energy that had been following me for too long. Now I'm working with a much better positive to negative spirit energy ratio. Which is probably why the mountains gifted me a Bigfoot print mystery to ponder...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home