Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

5 Aug 2008


The Bad Wizard getting steamed up at Terminal Geyser at the Southern End of Lassen Volcanic National Park.


Always keen for a soak in some hot springs, I sniffed around the geyser and located some small pools dug out perhaps 150 feet below the roaring hot outleft of the geyser. The water here was 109 degrees. Toasty!


Later on, after snooping the area for more secret hot pools I stumbled across the "Devil's Kitchen," a thermal area not on the guidebook map nor mentioned in the Yogi book. Well good for me, I had it all to myself. After setting up a nice little coyboy camp I went on the prowl for some dangerous thermal pools not hot enough to cook me. I found what I was looking for, in SPADES.





Glub GLUB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home