Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

25 Aug 2008



A week ago or so Yak and I were hiking past this place called Ash Camp, which I think may be near the McCloud River. In any case, we met a super cool cat who at first called himself "Good Fortune." Well I know that wasn't what he meant but that's how it came out. Later he gave us his real first name and gave me a book about Zen Buddhist practices that someone recommended to me while I was in Ecuador (Spinning wheel, got to go round!). He also fed us fresh crispity crunchety chilled carrots from his 1978 VW campervan bus. You'll see that in a photo later. While we sat and chilled with "Good Fortune" an enormous fly approached and asked me to pet it,. so I obliged. WTF? Check it out for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home