Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

14 Nov 2005

I love my job - redux.
I thought the cheetah a couple of weeks ago was pretty neat-o, but things seem to get better and better. Today, for example, the Dalai Lama paid a visit for a couple of hours and I was fortunate enough to be blessed by him just as he was taking his leave of the premises. Not too many other places where you can step out of your office and say hello to the revered spiritual leader of Tibet. Too bad he's such a celebrity ... otherwise people might actually stop and take the time and learn about who he really is and what he really does. I'm as guilty of such oversights as the next guy I suppose. Peace out.

A favorite verse of his:
For as long as space endures
And for as long as living beings remain,
Until then may I too abide
To dispel the misery of the world.



Waiting for the man --- the LEGEND, to emerge.









On his way to the armored-monkmobile.











Signing some autographs for the kiddies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home