Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

15 Jan 2006




OK OK OK. It's time to get serious about this "blogging the Peace Corps experience" thing. Not that being serious about it will really cause me to be more diligent, or as would be the primary factor for you, the reader, more entertaining in my writing ... I just mean that I'd better start putting in some material about the preparations and the excitement of getting ready to leave and the sad and emotional moments of departing and all that typical mushy crud. Well I do think I'll find the time to get around to all that in short order, but before I do I want to share some photos from the recent Winter-Een-Mas trip down to New Orleans that I took for visiting friends and family over the holidays. And the pictures are........

-Paco with my parents in the kitchen.

-Neighbor's kid sitting (in his new Power Rangers costume) next to a pile of hurricane Katrina debris.

-Mom either one-armed sumo wrestling with the living room table or gathering up presents on Christmas morning. Probably the latter.

-Mountainjedi playing with Paco, Scooby, and the resident pot-bellied pig, Goiter. Yes, her name is Goiter. Stop laughing.

More pics to come in the next fews days I suspect. Really busy down here lately, as I need to sell my Jeep and take care of a lot of other preparations for departure. Anyone want to buy a Jeep?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home