Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

12 Apr 2006


GOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!!! Cool huh?

A little pàrk for the kiddies that the municipio just finished building. Niiice view. It´s across the street from the house of one of my counterparts. She wants me to live in a spare room in her house. I don´t think I´d prefer that to having a private apartment to myself....

One of the several sweet waterfalls in the area. Apparently there is one that´s 300 feet high that takes about three hours to hike to. You can go camping there. Damn. Weet.

The little tourism office where I´ll probably be working a lot. They have slow internet access but it´s free for me to use whenever, so that´s a huuuuuuge advantage for getting reasearch and other work done. I hope the other volunteers aren´t too jealous.

View of the upper part of town from the tourism office balcony. Kick ass. In the mornings these days it´s foggy, but as the day progresses it gets sunny and perfect, and then at night the clouds come back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you go a'panning for gold?

10:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home