Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

4 Apr 2006






Hey gang I wish I had the time to upload more pics today but this is all I got for ya...I already had this computer EAT a loooooong blog post that I tried to upload earlier. ALWAYS backup your posts before you submit them. ALLLLLLWAAAAAYS!!! Ughh. OK so I've got tons and tons of more photos to post and I'll try to get them on the site during my site visit. Leaving here for the bus station in like ten minutes....

Pics are:
One of the other trainees and me in the medieval-style kitchen of a local hacienda where we attended a wedding reception, comlete with bride covered in mud from the constant downpour outside. Wild.

Me with one of the two amazing pineapple pizzas I made for my family the last day I was living with them in the training community. We didn't have an oven and so I made a campo oven which was accomplished by putting bricks at the bottom of a big pot and then placing a pot lid on the bricks (like a baking sheet sortof) and then putting th epizza on that little lid inside. Once I covered the entire setup the heat warmed the bricks which then radiated the heat out into the airspace of the large pot, effectively making an over-like situation. It didn't get quiiiiiite hot enough to fully perfect the crust but it tasted so good that noone cared and kept asking for seconds.

There's a pic of my little brother with a bucket on his head while we were waiting out a hailstorm. That was my idea. I was just like Hey, go put that bucket on your head and run around in the hail. That was all it took. Sweet. I tried it afterwards. Cool noise inside the bucket. For real.

A pic of my kids' grandparents and me.

The cows with the sunset outside....just BEEEEAUTIFUL!

Gotta run.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait. no forks AND no oven? ok, well. when you move in at your site, I will come build you an outdoor clay oven and you can make us pizza in that.
---pretty face head

11:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home