Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

17 Apr 2006

Why I´m Excited About My Site:

There is a freaking swimming pool open all the time and it has an amazing view.  And cold beer.
There are no mosquitoes or flies to speak of.  People couldn´t even buy bug mesh in stores if they wanted to because noone carries it.
The food is amazing, and despite how remote I am, it´s all fresh.
How remote I am (less hassle from the PC brass).
There are two different roads I can take that go all downhill for about seven miles...can you say mountain bike trip?
The gorgeous central park with its blue skies, green grass, colonial architecture, complete with fountain and gazebo.
The fact that my site has more than twice the history of the United States to explore.
Easy access to rushing rivers, towering waterfalls, hikes to rock climbing spots, gold mines, and even hot springs.
Beautiful, educated, generous people.
Free internet in the tourism office for me to use.
A supportive set of counterparts and a competent and motivated munipio to work with.
More more more, but I have to skeedaddle now.  Ciao gang!  I swear in SOOOOOOON.  YAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home