Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

2 May 2006

Before I get too excited with the prospect of posting some new photos (fingers crossed that THAT will happen today), let me explain the last few it seems I was able to upload...

First we have a shot of the volcano Cayambe (3rd highest mountain in Ecuador, and actually the part of the slope where the Equator passes over it is the area of highest altitude at Latitude Zero that can be found anywhere... cool beans).

Second we have me and almost all of the family that hosted me as one of their own during training. That was taken after a little Peace Corps get-together to say thanks to all of the families in all of the communities that put up with us for those long weeks. We had a big roast pig. It was awesome. Not as awesome as eating guinea pig, but pretty darned awesome.

Below that we can see the three kids from my host family proudly holding their gift prom me, a precious Georgetown University Flying Squirrels Ultimate Disk. Freaking sweet, is probably what they would have said for a caption if they could speak English.

Finally, another trainee and I messing around. I thought it would be fun to take pictures of us shaking our heads back and forth really really fast. This was the result. There are plenty of much funnier pictures out there but unfortunately they're on other people's cameras. I'll work on getting some of them and post them here if I can. Okay. That's it for the pics below. Now to try putting some new ones up........ MJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home