Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

17 Jun 2006


Okay, today I want to post a few pics that I keep yammering about but never get around to posting. First off, here is where I live. Umm, kind of. It's the same general area sort of. If you visit you'll understand. Anywhoo, like I said, there's a beat up old Mini Cooper with a tree growing out of it. Yeah.

Secondly we have the little statue that the Belgian TV crew was so interested in. As you can see, he's well hung for a three year old, and apparently quite excited to be getting on TV. This is pretty much the scariest thing in my site. Well that and when you order wchicken soup and there's a chicken foot bobbing to the surface when you go to take a bite. Nothing wrong witht he flavor, but the thought of how that chicken was probably scratching around in garbage and its own crap for most of its life kind of turns the experience a little sour.

I know I didn't ever say I was going to post more pics of the municipal swilling pool, but I took this shot today and just had to share it. Cool blue water? Check. Ice cold local beers? Check. Perfect sunny day? Check. Endless mountain views? Check. If the other volunteers ever navigate to this web page they will probably hire a hitman to take me out. I'll be no Nancy Kerrigan though, I'll just invite them to recorrer the region with me and serve up more cuy gumbo. Deeeelish.

Figured you hadn't gotten quite enough of this little guy's package, so here ya go. It's a freak of nature I tell ya. He's got his arm propped on his hip like he's been doing this forever. The sculptor probably works for Michael Jackson now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home