Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

13 Jul 2006


Here's a shot of the old Mountainjedi en caso you forgotted what I look like. Still roaming the wilds of Cajas here.


And here. That lump in the middle there is actually an island and with luck, the next time we head up that way I'll have an inflatable boat (Emerald Lakes Yacht Club style, REPRESENT!) so we can paddle out to the island and camp. There's something to be said for going to a new place every trip when you only have a few years to explore but there's ALSO something to be said for forming a Parque Nacional Cajas Club de Botes as well.

From Cuenca I headed south to Loja, and it was my first time in that Andean city. I was there to meet up with two RPCVs who had met one another not too long ago while serving in Uzbekistan. I gave it the old college try as far as giving them an action-packed few days with me in Loja and then my site down in the foothills and I think I succeeded, as when they left they were referring to me as Superman. Definitely the most gung-ho and admirable sixty-somethings I have ever met. Maybe one day I'll meet up with them again in the States. Anyways, here is the female of the species up on the roof of the place we stayed at in Loja. I spent the night up there one of my two nights because I was so sad to have only had one night out in the wilds. Sleeping under the moon and stars and clouds made me feel a little more at home. Also had the chance to drink wine and play harmonica on the roof with another volunteer there, which was quite enjoyable.

Loja skyline view from the rooftop.

And finally, we have teh Gates of the City, as they are known. Reminds me completely of my 2003 trip to Europe, especially some of the places I visited in Germany. Minus the schnitzel. Man I could go for some schnitzel. I better go eat now. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home