Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

14 Jul 2006


OK so while the couple was visiting me we went to one of my favorite waterfalls, Chaca Capac. (Found a new one today that's a lot smaller but a lot closer...more on that when I get time to post about it.) So here she is, Chaca Capac. There is a SCHWEEEET little swimming hole perched in a forested canyon with plenty of sunshine just below here, but I thinks I will just hold off on showing that so that you guys who come to visit me can enjoy it first-hand, special delivery, VIP-only access.

I WILL however gladly show you these little buggers that were flying around and sucking the sweat from my 43% No Concept backpack. Pretty incredible I think. I just wonder what the hell they mean by giving me a sign that basically says the number "178." Maybe it's like the Hitchhiker's Guide.... 178 is the secret to life, the universe, and everything.... could be. Never thought that butterflies would be my muses, but on this particular day they sure were.

Back in the city, well back UNDER the city, we visited a mine where in the 4rt8yhrwegaowrgf-th century, enough gold was extracted to make a ball of gold that weighed three and a half pounds. This ball was gifted to the king of Spain at the time, King 2q397ryfhw2cehw89e4f, who thought it was so cool that he changed the royal tax from one fifth of your income to only one sixth. What a generous bastard he was. I wonder what happened to the ball of gold.

Just a sunset photo from the hill above the city. The poor couple went everywhere I went and when I started climbing up, so did they. I think they enjoyed the view though, and they were even discussing starting a more rigorous exercise regimen when they got back to the U.S.

Here is just a shot of a playing field owned by one of the several colegios, or technical high schools, here in my site. Nice mountains. This school has a pool too, but the view from the pool is not very impressive, unless you like buildings more than montañas. Which I don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home