Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

15 Aug 2006


Saw this beauty on a trip out to collect seeds for the municipal tree nursery. Prettiest flutterby I've seen since I've been here, although I hear the ones in the oriente are waaaaaay bigger and much more prettiererer and stuff. Well screw you, oriente, it's not all about the oriente, you don't have to tell me to put on apurple thing and dance around for you and dress me up like a mailman, okay? So stop asking! STOP! Okay, I think the mefloquine is acting up again. I thought I saw UFOs last night, so yeah maybe that's it.

An interesting dessicated leaf I saw on that same hike. All of the leaves from this tree do this, it's not sick or eaten or anything, it's just the natural way of things. So I took this image of the natural way of things and made it my desktop image for a few weeks. Zoom in on this one guys, it's beautiful!

Umm, some old abandoned church up in the hills of a little area called El Bosque, or El Forest in English. I mean THE Forest. Spanglish is killing me slowly these days. Among other things.

Cooking dinner my campstove up on the hilltop above my site watching the sunset. That chica there is one of the new omnibusers from the health and youth program who stayed a night at my site before doing her own site visit. She has some crazy stories about when she worked at a sperm bank. I recommend you track down someone who has worked at a sperm bank and talk with them. It's a good experience.

Not sure what was going on in this picture. Yeah. Sorry, can't help you. Noone home here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home