Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

8 Sept 2006


Mom´s last night in my site before we returned to Cuenca for her flight homeward included a rather longish (for the city anyways) recorrido of the locale, topped off by a climb up the cross-capped hill that looms watchfully over the town. For sunset. I think I might just start a new tradition of taking pictures of my feet framing sunsets.... airing out the old dogs is a great way to unwind after beating them bloddy all day in the sun and dust and gravel...

Hanging out with some of my best local friends down by the river. (Not in a van...there´s a waterslide and stuff here....)

And a shot of mom and me enjoying the unrivalled hospitality of the Ecuadorians who love to take me in and feed me and drag me around town in their trucks, etc. I love these guys.

Mother and son at the base of the waterfall that we climbed way way above with the aid of my grappling hook and a length of 100 feet or so of rope that I bought before catching the ranchera down here. AWESOME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home