Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

6 Nov 2006


The two of us with our friend "Jungle Dave," who dressed as the Taliban, complete with suicide bomb.

A couple of the new Omnibus 96 volunteers dressed as cops complete with real handcuffs and bullet proof vests. I was fortunate enough to have been arrested by this one. While we were handcuffed together she forced me with her billy club to do shots of "Jungle Juice" off of the giant ice shot block. Only then would she release me. PC life, ya never know what´s gonna happen...

Winding down a little after Halloween some of us went to see an Ecuadorian movie called Que tan lejos. I hear it´s getting really good reviews around the world. Not sure if it´s being subtitled and stuff in the U.S. but if any of you out there are interested in really seeing what Ecuador is like (at least in the developed parts...there really isn´t any significant CAMPO in the movie) I highly recommend going to see this. Anyways, I ran across this sunset in Cuenca on the way to the theater. And hey guys, part of the goal of Peace Corps is intercultural exchange, so go get some culture and learn about another part of the world. In the meantime, I´ll be letting my chest hair grow back on visits to a local waterfall, as is illustrated below. Yes that is Nutella. No, I do not have any shame. Miss you all, love you all, for real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home