Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

2 Apr 2007


I'm helping this woman with a promotional T-shirt idea she has...wants to use my photographs in the shirt designs.... we went into a mine apparently owned by her dad, a local doctor. This photo pretty much sums up my own personal feeling about the mining industry here in Zaruma. Her face says it all. I might add that this was the first and only woman I've even seen in any mine in Zaruma who was not there as a tourist. She actually knows about the geology and such. Interesting, but sad in a way. Hopefully I'll be able to get into that in the future. Talking about why it's sad I mean.

Here I am on my rooftop with the two awesome Colombians who stayed with me in Zaruma for the better part of a week through hospitalityclub.org

Here we are again, eating a delicious chicken soup they made me.

During my great visit to Cerro Azul, in the mountains to the northwest of Zaruma, towards the costa, the other volunteer who lives there arranged for us to hike to their local waterfall. BEAUTIFUL place, and made a great springboard for conversation about theories of conservation and economics in a small town.

Photo spring cleaning. Just got this picture from another volunteer's camera... the Chuffmates eating some pork ribs after Thanksgiving in the jungle last year. Delicious......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home