Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

3 Jun 2007





I took these pics this morning. Got up at 6:30 and poked my head out of the rooftop stairway to check the scenery...Zaruma was floating above a sea of clouds. I threw on some shoes and grabbed a plastic grocery bag to carry my camera and shot out the door, heading up to the lookout atop Cerro El Calvario, the prominent hill with the cross on top that might just collapse and bury part of the historic city center. 600 vertical feel later I stood with the rising sun pouring its light out over the awakening city below. Miles to the south, appearing deceptively close, the green ridges of southern Ecuador climbed above the white blanket drifting in the valley.

This is where I live. Sometimes it´s hard to believe that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Smiling Willow said...

these are breathtaking! amazing! hope you are well.

9:26 pm  
Anonymous Kris said...

Loved Zaruma, I have sat on that rooftop having drinks watching sunset.... I spent about a week in Zaruma at the same place as you, that 9 story house (the combined two houses together are 9 floors) Such a beautiful place.... waking up at 6:00am to checkout Zaruma floating on a sea of cotton

4:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home