Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

9 Jul 2007

A DAY IN THE LIFE.

My evening. Spent the night in my sleeping bag atop Cerro El Calvario. I've been here since April of 2006, almost 15 months, and last night was my first time spending the whole night up there. (During the winter is rains pretty much every night so not only is there no view of the stars and moon, but you get wet too.)




My morning. Así es. Jesus and a mountain sunrise putting tiger stripe shadow ripples all across the folds of the Andean foothills where I live, ghost shreds of cloud ragged and haunting among the hills, now turning brown from the lack of precipitation.


And it had been too long since I'd eaten tigrillo. After reading and thinking and letting the sun warm by back, I packed up and descended to claim my favorite Zaruman breakfast before heading into the office and making plans to help fold copies of the new municipal newspaper. Sometimes the work is neither glamorous nor fun, but at least I'm seen as useful at times. That's good. Not as good as tigrillo though. Freaking delicious.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Is Tigrillo the hamster dish? Whats it served with?

12:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home