Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

3 Jul 2007


More close-up grasshopper glamous shots. (Not by Deb.) This insect´s thorax section with its ridges and bumps and humps really reminds me of the iguanas I've seen here. Neat how patterns repeat themselves in nature.

I was in Giron last Monday for a tourism management workshop. Oh boy! I took some pictures of the workshop and the lunch they gave us and the great view from the dining room, but forget about all that, walking outside of the conference room I saw this waterfall, known as the Chorro de Giron. Plans started percolating in my gourd. I think I'm going to have to find a weekend before I leave Ecuador to get up to the top of that thing, maybe to camo, or maybe just for a long dayhike. I'll keep you posted.

Back in Cuenca for a friend's birthday party (And because of the roadblocks). By the way, I lostthe only remaining left contact lens that I had so it seems likely that all subsequent pictures of me will be with glasses on. Oh how I hate them durn glasses. But the beer isn't bad when you've spent all day in a stuffy workshop.

Scratch that comment about pictures of me in my glasses. Scratching head... (hey, didn't this madness go out of style last year?)

Apparently not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home