Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

24/09/2007

Last uploads for today...been here for more than three hours.


Just a flower I saw the other day.

Commanding view of the Iglesia Matriz. Look closely, the moon makes a cameo appearance here.

The newest volunteer and me hanging out with the tourism office ladies and a visitor from Riobamba, a woman who works with the Ministry of Tourism. I took her to visit a few of the local sights and attractions. I'm sure that when she returns to Riobamba she'll tell everyone about the gringo who took her into a mine and almost got her killed. Hey, not my fault that the ceiling was collapsing, and she did have a helmet on...

On a nice long hike above Zaruma a few days ago I didn't run into another person for hours. I did however meet the remains of a cow a few thousand feet up into the mountains. We had some good times, this cow and I.

Near the cow bones tree, another of the remaining trees held a blooming bromeliad aloft like the Statue of Liberty's torch. The flower stalks of these epiphytes sometimes reach three or four feet in height.

1 Comments:

Anonymous sylvestre said...

How do u jump so high? the spirit of the cow? back in the days, this kind of pics were never really impressive, though I have to admit u always had a talent for it, or many years of practice! Congrats anyway:)

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home