Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

24 Sept 2007

Last uploads for today...been here for more than three hours.


Just a flower I saw the other day.

Commanding view of the Iglesia Matriz. Look closely, the moon makes a cameo appearance here.

The newest volunteer and me hanging out with the tourism office ladies and a visitor from Riobamba, a woman who works with the Ministry of Tourism. I took her to visit a few of the local sights and attractions. I'm sure that when she returns to Riobamba she'll tell everyone about the gringo who took her into a mine and almost got her killed. Hey, not my fault that the ceiling was collapsing, and she did have a helmet on...

On a nice long hike above Zaruma a few days ago I didn't run into another person for hours. I did however meet the remains of a cow a few thousand feet up into the mountains. We had some good times, this cow and I.

Near the cow bones tree, another of the remaining trees held a blooming bromeliad aloft like the Statue of Liberty's torch. The flower stalks of these epiphytes sometimes reach three or four feet in height.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do u jump so high? the spirit of the cow? back in the days, this kind of pics were never really impressive, though I have to admit u always had a talent for it, or many years of practice! Congrats anyway:)

4:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home