Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

15 Mar 2008

I get a ride to the Quito airport in about an hour. Then I fly back to the States. The last few days have been a whirlwind, sad, happy, exhilarating, relaxing, and unnerving. For those of you anticipating more photos, rest comfortably knowing that I have a LOT to upload. Here are a few from my last few days in Zaruma.



Panorama from Cerro El Calvario.


Me and my main counterpart and adoptive mother sharing lunch during my last day in site.


The last time I saw my good friends as the bus pulled away. Some tears all around.


Back in Quito suffering through the drudgery of the Close of Service Conference, things got a little touchy.


The 20 remaining volunteers of Peace Corps Ecuador Omnibus 95. When we arrived in country there were 35 of us. Cue Rocky theme, Eye of the Tiger, and the obvious Queen songs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home