Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

22 May 2008


Fellow hiker Johnny K, who walked with two huge wooden poles. He got off the trail at Interstate 10.


Just a typical trail day among the rocks and scrub and burnt trees. Seems that dryness and heat make for good wildfires and Southern California has had a LOT of wildfires.


The first night I camped alone I found a spot among some cool boulders. It began to rain lightly at about 4:30 in the morning but I was able to scooch over next to an overhanging boulder and avoid getting wet even though I hadn't set up the tent. Luckily the weather has been quite good so far. Except for the snow we got this morning in Wrightwood.


Self portrait on one of the boulders by camp.


Mountain lion tracks on the trail the day I hiked to Idyllwild.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Johnny K got off at the 10? Does that mean it's time for me and Arun to come find you?!

5:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home