Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

25 Jun 2008


And now we enter some higher elevations... looking back towards that forest fire zone I was in before.


Skipping ahead a bit, here is one perspective from the climb up Mount Whitney, the roof of the continental United States.


My amigos Wing It and Don't Panic camped out at Guitar Lake below the Whitney Climb. I'd already gone up 1,000 feet and 3.5 miles before I met them. They left their camp before I did and I still passed them on the way up Seriously, I feel superhumanly fit now that I'm no longer sick. Good people, those two.


A spot of jagged snow nearing the top. This is not really typical of the climb up this time of year (June 20) but I put it here because, well, it makes for a good photo. That's Smooth Criminal there posing for scale.


Flying Bobcat enjoying a well-earned Nutella photo opportunity on the summit... you didn't think I was gonna give up on those silly photos did you? No way man, and none of this temporary grinding stuff either. I wanna grind all the time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the violet wildflowers on barren mountain terrain. beautiful.

1:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home