Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

25 Jun 2008


Obligatory sunglass reflection shot. That's the stone cabin thingy there.





When you gotta go, you gotta GO!


For those of you wondering why there are no more pictures of the Chuffmate on here, if you haven't figured it out already, we've parted ways. = ( I actually ran into her up top of the mountain here and said good morning but got no response, so there you have it. Two years together and she won't say hello in the midst of this amazing, incredible, spectacular adventure. Maybe she was tired and didn't hear me. In any case, I had two self help books mailed out to me on the trail and here I am with the heavier one up near the top of Whitney. I've been reading this one a little bit each night and doing the exercises to work on getting better control of my erratic emotions and regardless of what my real problem is, I'm thinking that this should help. From the bits and pieces I hear, she's doing really well and that's good. I miss her sorely but leaving was the decision she had to make and if she's happy with that, well good on her. Maybe we can catch up farther down the trail and I can tell her about how I almost died twice in one day.


Marmot. It's the cuy of the Sierra Nevada. Gotta get one of THOSE in a gumbo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home