Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

25 Jun 2008


OK folks, that's all the time I have for posting today, and we're pretty well caught up with the photos.  Feeling good these days.  Hiking alone is cool and lonely at the same time.  Just like I felt while doing it in Alaska, the highs are higher and the lows are lower.  Especially up here in the high sierra, the jaw-dropping beauty of the landscape is sharpened to a point which then cuts the soul when you sit there staring around blinking and muttering "holy crap" and "daaaamn" at everything you see ... and then realize that that experience is yours and yours alone, since noone was there to share it with you and noone could ever truly understand what you experienced even if you described it or showed them pictures at length.  I think I'm still losing weight.  Everything POPS now, in my body, I mean my muscles, my veins, my beard, and especially my legs.  They look like someone else's and man that is coooooool.  The other day I managed three miles per hour over 1.5 miles.  Oooooh, big deal right?  Well there was a thousand foot of elevation gain to deal with, so 3mph was pretty good I think.
 
I've been here way too long and the trail beacons, so off I go.  Not sure when I'll get to check email or upload more stuff, but I'll do it when I can.  Might be a while.
 
And hey, I just realized that I incorrectly spelled censored.  Not going back to change it, just wanted to let you know I'm not a complete idiot.  Just really really REALLY hungry!  All the best.
 
Flying Bobcat
 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beckons, the trail beckons!

How will you avoid the many forest fires that are burning in NoCal right now? Is there a warning system of some kind?

11:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home