Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

16 Jun 2008


Per repeated popular demand, here is a photo of my ever-shrinking body.
I guess you burn more calories than normal when you cover ~52 miles in 25 hours 45 minutes. (I did 47 miles in the first 24 hours) What's scary is that my feet don't even hurt and my muscles are barely sore. Seems the 100% Whey Protein Chocolate Drink Mix I got on sale in Lake Isabella really does work. I'll keep an eye out for more protein supplements further up the trail. Why did I do those kind of miles? Sheesh, a day before I thought that doing 63 over two consecutive days was hardcore. It's all relative. Now that I'm about to head up into the high sierras with what will probably be the heaviest pack along the entire trail, I think I'll slow it up a bit so I don't miss the scenery. There's a lot more to talk about, but it's hiker midnight now and I'll need to sleep well if I'm going to head out tomorrow. Haven't decided whether I will yet. Lots to ponder. Yes, these are melancholic times, but in the end we all choose whether to be happy or miserable. Since right now miserable would be the easy way, and since this trail is about challenging oneself in different ways, expect me to be writing cheerful posts again soon. The easy way is the one that gives you fewer chances to grow. Well I'm growing quite a bit lately. Happy trails.

Flying Bobcat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home