Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

2 Jul 2008


Arriving in Red's Meadow I lucked out and met up with a guy and a teen aged boy who was with him. The boy was Columbian, the guy was American, and he was not gonna talk about his line of work (he's retired) but it was clear that he'd spent a great deal of time getting to know Latin America. We spoke in Spanish for a while and chatted about Ecuador and Peru, etc. And then they took me out to lunch at a great barbecue place called Angel's. RIIIIIBS! And pulled pork nachos to start out, and home brew beers...it was heavenly. Thanks guys! (Maybe I really could help out your friends working as a crew member on a yacht? I hope you'll be in touch.)


Leg muscles, holy crap. This is some cool stuff right here. Have you ever had the chance to watch your body transform before your very eyes? I recommend it.


OK, almost caught up. Here are the two cool Tennessee transplants I met in Mammoth who offered to take me to some nearby hot springs. J. and J., you guys have made my stay in Mammoth Lakes a time to remember. Enjoy the Merlot for me alright? (You too Zooey!)


And hot springs they were indeed. God I love this stuff. It may have been one in the morning but soaking that goodness up I had a pocket full of sunshine. (Or would have if I'd been wearing something with pockets.)


Buhhhhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home