Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

26 Jul 2008


Got into this makeshift camp a tiny bit past 11pm trying to make it as far into Sierra City as I could. That day I did about 38 miles. When I am looking for a place to take a break or to camp for the night, I try to listen to the landscape and get a feel for what IT wants... which of ITS features it hopes to catch my senses with. Tromping through the dark with a weak headlamp lighting the way, the remains of this old log cabin with metal relics scattered around was exactly the kind of spot I was hoping for. No ghosts to keep me up at night, or if there were I was too tired to notice. = )


Bambi, a GIANT fish, a logging truck with no one driving it... this Sierra County is quite the interesting scene.


Hiker with a pool cue. Also interesting. This in front of the little store.


And the variety of pine cones keeps growing.


Is it on tap?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home