Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

2 Jul 2008


Here you'll see my campsite near the Muir Trail Ranch and in the background beyond the trees the San Joaquin River in which I very easily could have drowned. But hey, I'm OK people. You live and you learn, so don't worry. By the way, having two broken or very nearly broken toes is not the barrel of monkeys that you might imagine it to be.


The next day, I found an elder tree to seek counsel with. After much deep conversation, you know what he told me? "Stop killing the planet." Well sheesh, I knew that already dude. Way to waste my time!


Next stop was the legendary (for some reason) Vermilion Valley Resort. Somehow I blew more than 80 dollars while there, and I was only there for one night (a free night of camping no less). The barbecue was delectable, as was the free beer (pictured here), but I was glad to take my leave of the place and get back to the trail. There were more hot springs to shed my chest hair in!


Relaaaax, this was a postcard in the VVR shop. I haven't actually seen any bobcats (yet.)


The ride back to the Lake Edison ferry takes place in a creepy little prison-style van. We all felt like illegal immigrants being shuttled across the border. Good people, all of them,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home