Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

2 Jul 2008


Hot springs number two, at Fish Creek. This is what I look like when some dude with his family is taking the picture.



And this is what I look like after the family left and I was sitting in the steaming pool with a hot waterfall running down my back as the sun set and colored the clouds orange and purple above.


I have to say that the best meal I've made on the trail so far was after I'd had my way with the hot springs at Fish Creek. OK, get a load of this. Here I'm cooking some vegetarian chili mixed with dehydrated mashed potatoes. Then I added tuna fish with sunflower oil and two good chunks of cheddar cheese. Wooooow. Deeeelish.


Welcome to the John Muir Wilderness, kids. In whose national forest? In YO national forest, fool! I'm sure I'm not the first person to make that connection, HUH!


On the approach to Devil's Postpile National Monument and the glorious Rainbow Falls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home