Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

26 Jul 2008


On the way out of Pooh Corner near Donner Pass there is a bar that serves FREE 40 oz beers to thru-hikers. I had to have one. Or two. Or two and a half. The zero figure is how much I paid for this nefarious nectar and I must say that the King Cobra had quite a bite. I ALSO would like to make a comment about something that went down this day. This comment is an attempt at open dialogue regarding the unnecessary drama that ensued over recent days on the trail. There on the deck I made a rash and thoughtless remark about another hiker whom I barely knew. I regret what I said about him and I wish I could take back the comment. Out here on the PCT I consider everyone else to be a friend unless he or she gives sufficient reason to consider them otherwise. The person in question did nothing to deserve the remark I made. I remember having only one conversation with him before and thought he was quite cool. I am sorry for the malice and animosity that this seems to have generated and hope that everyone would simply not make the mistake that I made and just GET TO KNOW someone before rushing to judge or categorize another person with slurs and insults. I welcome anybody who had or still has beef with me for whatever reason to sit down over a drink (I'll pay) and get it off their chest so we can all live on this trail together bullshit-free.


Breezeway draining his bottle as well. Quality people.


And while we're at it, why not let the cute waitress convince us to get a pitcher of margarita? Who cares if she wants to take a swig of it herself? HA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home