Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

10/08/2008



The fact that I've pretty much lost count of all the hot springs I've squirreled myself into makes me smile to no end. Here's a video from the scalding hot outlet creek boiling its way down out of Terminal Geyser in the southern part of Lassen Volcanic National Park. This was only a couple of miles from Drakesbad (Bad is a German suffix meaning "bath") where Yak and I celebrated the HELL out of reaching the halfway point of the trail. Gotta admit, as nice as it was to sit around by the cement pond with a bunch of Europeans in bikinis, I prefer the more pristine natural environs of Terminal Geyser and especially the Devil's Kitchen thermal area. The water is just way hotter. (109 degrees in this case)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home