Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

10 Aug 2008



The fact that I've pretty much lost count of all the hot springs I've squirreled myself into makes me smile to no end. Here's a video from the scalding hot outlet creek boiling its way down out of Terminal Geyser in the southern part of Lassen Volcanic National Park. This was only a couple of miles from Drakesbad (Bad is a German suffix meaning "bath") where Yak and I celebrated the HELL out of reaching the halfway point of the trail. Gotta admit, as nice as it was to sit around by the cement pond with a bunch of Europeans in bikinis, I prefer the more pristine natural environs of Terminal Geyser and especially the Devil's Kitchen thermal area. The water is just way hotter. (109 degrees in this case)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home