Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

11 Aug 2008


I think we'll head out of the Hiker Hideaway tomorrow after visiting the Post Office. Tonight is the best night for viewing the Perseid meteor shower and we're out in the boonies pretty much so I think I might lay my sleeping bag out on the ground and catch some shooting stars late late tonight. As for this photo, the hosts here keep a photo album each year with a card and photo for each hiker who visits them. I'm submitting this photo for inclusion. Yes, that is underwear on the outside of my pants.


Another monster bug viciously, uhh, just sitting there.


Oh the way back from our grocery run in Burney, Yak brandishes a Guinness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Catra said...

Dude you're totally making miss the F'ing trail. I had a blast last year even though I only made it 2,000 miles yeah call me a wimp. I got sick, giardia and hurt my knee :(
I plan on doing the last 700 miles next year so I know what I'm in for when I attempt the womans record again in 2010. Enjoy every minute of that trail. Remember how lucky you are to be out there.
For now I have to settle on running more hundreds then any other woman this year. I'm doing 10. Just finished number 6.
Heading up for a training run out of Onion valley Keasarge pass to Forester down Forester back up and back to Onion valley. Excited to be out on the PCT/JMT
Cheers,
Catra
Have a safe journey

5:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home