Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

25 Sept 2008

Embarking on a new trajectory

Stehekin has been beautiful and in many ways relaxing - COUGH COUGH - but this cold/infection that has struck me is sitll kicking around in my chest five days later so I've decided to revise my recent strategy of eating pastries and hiker box leftovers and drinking Emergen-C over and over to something that may have more of a healing effect.  I must say that seeing all of the other hikers coming through here has been most therapeutic ... Ratso and Panama, Snow Kittens, Kim and Brent, Detour, Six Toes and Spaceman Spiff have been around for a day or two and we all had coffee and baked goods this morning.  Scratch that.  Baked GREATS!  Swapping trail intelligence and laughs helps the white blood cells do their thing I believe, but still I COUGH COUGH and don't feel near the 100% I'll need to tackle the next southbound section, especially if it's through freezing rain and snow, which is likely.

SOOO, I'm taking the 2pm boat ride down to Chelan, a resort community about 50 miles down Lake Chelan, which is the lovely body of water right outside the window.  I'm hoping to stay with a couchsurfer host but if not my wallet will be hemmoraging even more cash so that at least I can dip into a hot tub for my troubles.  Hopefully the health insurance I got for Post-Peace-Corps run-a-mucking will cover some of whatever it costs to visit a clinic and get some antibiotics or electroshock therapy or acupuncture or whatever will get me back on the trail.

I have an hour to buy some stove fuel and get some more vitamin C in to this mohawked hiker body before the boat leaves, so up up and away!  Positive healing vibes would be appreciated and well-received.  Many thanks.

Bobcat

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ayhe there todger, check that email o' yourn.

I've left you a coiled present, I have.

10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home