Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

27 Sept 2008


FINALLY at the clinic where a doctor can tell me what I already know: Rest and drink fluids. There was this cool map of North America though. Finger indicates where I am at the moment.


Afterwards (yesterday) I had some time to wander around Wenatchee, the Apple Capitol of the World. I guess they ship their apples off on these very train tracks.


I shipped myself off to dinner at this Mongolian BBQ joint. I know I'm sick because I couldn't even finish a medium plate of food. Yeesh! And that takes us to the present. I got the computer here at the lake house conenected to the internet and since my host says I'm welcome to stay another night I figured I'd catch up on the blog updating and get some more much needed rest so my body will be able to tackle the Glacier Peak Wildernss and the side trip to Gamma Hot Springs that I have planned. Then it's off to Puerto Rico for a bit to attend a wedding and HEn I return to meet with friends in Portland for a bit before hitting the trail again, assuming there is a tril and it isn't buried under feet of snow. That will carry with it some new and interesting challenges, I'm sure.

Love and luck to all out there on the trail and reading this, I'm hitting the sack again. Need the rest. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home