Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

27 Sept 2008

Oh you guys, I've been envisioning this one for a loooong time, and now I can finally present it to you. This is dedicated to all of the other hikers out there who share this same short term dream of living the simple life, doing what our bodies are designed to do, what they crave to be allowed to do. Wilderness should be the norm, not the exception. Getting out there yourself will confirm that in your heart. This especially goes out to YAK, my hiking partner for nearly 400 miles. Without his presence I never would have gotten to dip my wick into Drakesbad the way I did, nor would I have stayed so very safe for so very long. For better or for worse, more of this adventure was shared with him than anyone else and I thank him for slowing me the hell down sometimes and telling me "It's OK, Bobcat" when I needed to hear it. Seeya in Georgia one day, amigo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home