Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

27 Sept 2008


Riding the Lady of the Lake shuttle from Stehekin downlake towards Chelan, the captain paged me over the PS system to some into the wheelhouse. Umm, OK. I go in there and they tell me they got a radio message from base. The message is from someone I emailed on couchsurfing.comsaying that he can host me and that I ought to get off the boat at an earlier stop than I'd anticipated. This was two days ago. Where does the time go?!?!? Anyways, couchsurfing is awesome, if you're not on it yu should check it out.


The lakeshore from the boat. Zoom in and you can see a little spot of white where the water meets the slope on the right side. That's somebody's vacation home.


Waiting for my host to come home, I sit on his deck overlooking the lake and ponder how my trip is like this plant's tendrils, winding unpredictably in and out and all around, taking me, leading me to where I want and/or need to be.


Patience is something I have had difficulty with in the past.


But it's hard to want a scene like this to rush by. Nice view to have out your living room window huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home