Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

27 Sept 2008


Uh ohhh, breaking out the old black and white are you? Must be something really special then. I was sitting up there (getting the first inklings that my health was not tippity top) and reading a book of John Muir essays. All I can say is that it was an extremely moving and important experience for me out here. To sit on that rock and witness that view, that plce, that spot on Planet Earth, was arguably what the entire trip before then was supposed to lead to. If I'd have fallen off into the void that night, everything would have been worth it just for that day of revelation.


Like a light switch. One day it was off, and the next day it was just simply ON.


Words fail me.


With my dwindling energy I rebuilt a cairn that had fallen into disrepair. the good thing about this one is that a good stiff wind will knock it over again soon. Gives another intrepid traveler something to work on up there.


This cairn was all my own and I hope it lasts a bit longer than the dinky little other one. Note the smoke from another wildfire. FYI I am not an arsonist, but the adventure does seem to follow me. That cairn is about 3 and a half feet tall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home