Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

10 Oct 2008


Janus Lake, after blessedly descending from the snowline. My hands got so cold at one point that morning that they clawed up and I couldn't open my fingers wide enough to even grasp my water bottle. I'll write more about that in detail when I get the chance.


Lucky lucky lucky to have made it down and known what to do to stave off serious hypothermia. In a way, The Eagles' Hotel California saved my life. Again, details when I can get to them.


One of my saviours and his two gorgeous dogs. And a beer. Oh man, this was the best ride into town EVER. THANK YOU.


Arriving at the Dinsmore's River Haven in Skykomish, WA I was presented with a huge plate of blueberry pancakes and sausages to get warm with. This place is famous among hikers and for good reason. Even though I was the only hiker staying with them, I emmediately was welcomes as one of the family. Wonderful people, these two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home