Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

10 Oct 2008


Who's afraid of the big bad Siuattle River? Not I. If the weather that day had been snowy and icy then yeah I would have scooted across this log on my butt but seeing as things were dry it was a simple stroll. Some people have called this crossing "suicidal." I imagine the water was a LOT higher when they saw it.


What the hell is this thing?


Most of the blowdowns were actually anticlimactic after hearing such horror stories. This is one of the more benign ones but I figured I'd get a shot of it just for kicks.


Popcorn pinecones, a new flavor!!!


Majestic, deadly Glacier Peak. So many others hiked through here in great weather, but some only had rain and cloud so I felt privileged to enjoy this view, despite the fact that I was so weak I could barely stand up with my pack on. My strength would come in waves but when I walked I couldn't got for more than about a half hour without collapsing in exhaustion on the trail. Knowing that I had 100 miles to cover and that my food was limited forced me to keep going even when all I wanted was to rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home