Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

20 Dec 2008


The cat in the house I'm staying in tries to guilt trip me because I don't let it go out in the snow by itself.


A few nights ago I went cross-country skiing for the first time EVER. The temps were in the teens and it was snowing lightly, making it difficult to get the camera out when we were actually underway. The fleece gloves and overmitts also impeded the photography, but when we stopped at a "warming hut" to sip spiked hot cocoa and beers I got this shot of me and my hosts, friends of the owners of the house I'm watching.


The basement of the folks who invited me to ski has more gear than the REI in town. Wow. Welcome to Bend. Snowboards, skis, sleeping bags, camping gear, it's all here. And no I won't give you the address. =P


Here are D and G, my hosts and gracious couchsurfers having a drink at the Deschutes Brewery where we ate their last night in town. The Elk Burger was delightful. Never had elk before...


A happy morning photo of me and the great people I stayed with in Southeast Portland. Had some great conversations, got a better feel for the east side of the city, finally practiced some Spanish, and got scratched to hell by their kitty "Chamito," pictured here. Thank you both!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home