Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

16 Feb 2009


Random photos from the last few weeks. These nice folks are the ones I rode with from Portland, Oregon to the Vipassana course in Onalaska, WA. Quite an experience to ride up getting to know some really cool people for a couple of hours and then suddenly be bound to noble silence and unable to communicate with any of your new friends for more than a solid week, even though they're right there...


Final goodbye photo of me with one of the kindest and most open and encouraging families I've ever met. I cannot ever thank them enough for the positive energy they shared with me during my time(s) in Bend.


Two haunting images of the results of freezing fog that rolled through Bend during my last week there. Innocuous-looking branches whirl and twist into the sky, but after the fog they become jagged and aggressively covered with spikes of ice. Beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home