Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

7 Jun 2009

Long time no write...

Having braved treacherous stream crossings and bears and wild hogs in
the Smoky Mountains, then battled hundreds of carpenter bees while
repairing an eco-friendly cob house with my cousins outside of
Durham,NC I returned home via a 23 hour long bus ride (after first
enjoying a rollerderby match in Knoxville). Barely home at all, I
joined two good friends on a journey north for a graduation from med
school and a move from Shreveport to St. Louis. A day turned into a
week and before I knew it I'd been up the gateway arch, gotten a free
buzz courtesy of the Anheuser-Busch Company's brewery tour, and eaten
more food than I can remember since the hike last year. Even found a
Five Guys location and made some converts! More and more I think
about what the next step ought to be. I worry for my brother and also
for my parents, but in the family's challenges I feel I've lost some
of my own identity. Time to regain that independence and command of
my own direction. I take a train back to Louisiana soon and will put
earnest effort into figuring out a fitting next move. Thanks to those
friends out there who keep inspiring me with their own travels and
achievements, I appreciate you all.

P.S. This message was composed and sent via my amiga's new iPhone.
My gosh but this makes my thumbs feel huge and meaty! How do all
those techy-types do it? Peace....

--
THE BLOG http://waywardmoot.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home