Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

20 Dec 2009


The other week I had a great couchsurfer visit me for five days. He was on a long journey from Oregon, eventually heading back that way but for now just living like a traveling bum soaking up the sights and sounds of life in America. His last night here coincided with a camp-out I organized with the New Orleans Outdoors Meetup Group involving a bicycling trip from Fontainbleau State Park to the Abita Brewery (All you can drink tour, free!) and then back to Fontainbleau. If I'd have known that someone was going to put a bottle of whiskey in front of me I might have reconsidered, but in the end I had a wonderful time drumming, spinning poi, playing the singing bowl, singing around the camp fire, and getting too know some cool new people from around the area. The hangover lasted two days...










During his visit we managed to do the French Quarter and got this beautiful view of St. Louis Cathedral with the full moon behind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home