Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

20 Dec 2009


Speaking of Star Wars, here's the spaceship I cruise the world in these days. Unlike Seymore or the Wombat, my 1967 Land Rover or my 1975 Jeep, this 2010 Prius has yet to receive a name. I'm very open to suggestions, so send them my way if you think of anything clever. She gets 50+ mpg and still carries firewood camping gear, and muddy boots like she went to school for it.


Yeah, those are flames. What you can't see is the Mr. Horsepower sticker on the rear window. My brother's idea! A hulking 1.8 liters of scorching power to burn up the road with. More like gently tiptoe down the road with, the thing is so quiet...


Anyone visiting can take a trip to a nearby Nature Conservancy preserve featuring an impressive population of carnivorous pitcher plants.


Nerd alert isn't over until I mention that the host and MC of Star Wars in Concert was none other than C-3PO himself, Mr. Anthony Daniels. He's fluent in more than 6 million forms of communication!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home